Walter L. Cohen College Prep is searching for a Physical Education Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. This individual will be responsible for leading physical education instruction and coaching a minimum of two (2) sports. The ideal candidate must be knowledgeable about healthy life practices and have the ability to use everyday relevant situations to teach these practices. If you are relentless about seeing disadvantaged students achieve at high levels, this is a chance to work at a network that does whatever it takes to ensure success for all children.
New Orleans College Prep’s (NOCP) mission is to prepare each of our students to enter and excel in a rigorous four-year college or university. Over the past eight years, NOCP has grown from a single school with a single grade of 100 students, to now operate 4 charter schools spanning grades PK-12, serving over 1,400 students. NOCP is serving its part in a broader city-wide vision to make New Orleans the first 100% high-performing urban school system in our nation’s history.
NOCP is producing significant student achievement gains for our students, 98% of whom are African-American and low-income, traditionally underserved by the New Orleans school system. Recent highlights of our achievements include:
- Cohen College Prep High School’s Classes of 2014 and 2015 achieved a 100% college acceptance rate. Cohen College Prep is the #1 open-enrollment school in the city of New Orleans sending students to college.
- Our most recent takeover of a failing school, Crocker College Prep, achieved the highest growth in the city on the state tests in 2014, growing from the lowest performing elementary school in the city to scoring above the district average after the first year of NOCP management.
More detailed information about our academic performance can be found on our website by visiting www.nolacollegeprep.org and clicking 'Our Results.'
We are very proud of our school staff, parents, and scholars for these achievements, but we have much more to accomplish in order to realize our mission of 100% of our students prepared for success in a rigorous 4-year college.
- Plan and deliver daily effective differentiated instruction based on rigorous physical education standards, student assessment data, etc.
- Teach the rules behind playing several different sports, as well as proper techniques for running, stretching, and other activities
- Coach at least one (1) LHSAA regulated sport/activity
- Frequently analyze results from multiple sources to drive instruction
- Maintain school culture of high behavioral expectations
- Maintain frequent communication with student families