Experience and Skills:
* Work with high school students to begin exploration of college options
* Plan and facilitate a school wide system for preparation for college entrance exams
* Help build and supervise curriculum for Advisory (the college readiness program)
* Coordinate field trips to a variety of local and state colleges
* Track high school credits to ensure students are on track for graduation
* Provide scholarship and financial aid resources for students
* Communicate with families about necessary deadlines for applications
* Plan and execute parent workshops
* Plan and execute college readiness workshops for younger students
* Track graduates through their college experience
Superb Organization and planning: plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient and productive manner, implements time-saving and management systems; ability to multi-task/ Works efficiently under deadlines
Experienced: Experience working with low-income and/or minority children and families. Knowledge of the college application process and/or financial aid process highly preferred.
Adaptability: Accepts feedback/reflects upon practice to improve ability to meet various needs of students, colleagues and stakeholders
Communication: effectively to all school stakeholders, garnering unity, buy-in and support for decisions and operations
Constant learner: Solicits feedback and implements new ideas in instruction, stays abreast of current research on teaching and learning, enhances professional skills
Problem Solving: Looks for root causes of problems, seeks solutions and takes appropriate action to benefit all stakeholders
Reflective: Relentless focus on results. Sets goals and focuses on measurable results to accomplish them.
Follow-Through: Tenacious follow-up skills, meets commitments.
Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship; fosters positive working relationships
Entrepreneurial spirit: Embraces the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a growing organization