Walter L. Cohen College Prep is searching for Special Education Teachers for the 2019 - 2020 school year. These individuals are expected to provide an educational atmosphere where scholars of various academic levels can develop a strong understanding and appreciation for the subject matter. Special Education Teacher candidates should be comfortable providing high quality instruction to scholars with a variety of exceptionalities including (but not limited to) Autism, Specific Learning Disabilities, ADHD, Down Syndrome, Traumatic Brain Injury, etc.
- Design classroom instruction using research-based strategies
- Frequently analyze results from multiple sources to drive instruction
- Work with students to remediate gaps
- Maintain school culture of high behavioral expectations
- Maintain frequent communication with student families