New Orleans College Prep is searching for an Accounting/Finance Intern to assist the finance department for the organization. This person will work part time to support all financial operations, including accounting, controls, reporting, and reimbursements, so that our leaders make effective and efficient financial decisions that maximize student outcomes. This position will report directly to the CFO.
New Orleans College Prep’s (NOCP) mission is to prepare students with academic and life skills for success in college, career, and beyond. Over the past seven years, NOCP has grown from a single school with a single grade of 100 students, to now operate 3 charter schools spanning grades PK-12, serving over 1,000 students on 3 campuses. NOCP is serving its part in a broader city-wide vision to make New Orleans the first 100% high-performing urban school system in our nation’s history.
NOCP is producing significant student achievement gains for our students, 98% of whom are African-American and low-income, traditionally underserved by the New Orleans school system. Recent highlights of our achievements include:
- Cohen College Prep High School achieved a 100% college acceptance rate for two years in a row.
- Our most recent takeover of a failing school, Crocker College Prep, achieved the highest growth in the city on the state tests in 2014, growing from the lowest performing elementary school in the city to scoring above the district average after the first year of NOCP management.
More detailed information about our academic performance can be found on our website by visiting www.nolacollegeprep.org and clicking "Our Results."
We are very proud of our school staff, parents, and scholars for these achievements, but we have much more to accomplish in order to realize our mission of 100% of our students prepared for success in a rigorous 4-year college.
- Entry and tracking accounts payable transactions into accounting system.
- Reconciling grant balances
- Provide support for annual external audit
- Entering various general ledger journal entries
- Identify and resolve financial errors and discrepancies
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll functions
- Audit insurance statements and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Assist in compiling necessary data for state and grant reporting
- Various General Ledger reconciliations as needed
- Other tasks as directed by the Chief Financial Officer