New Orleans College Prep is searching for a Speech Therapist. If you are relentless about seeing disadvantaged students achieve at high levels, this is a chance to work at a school that does whatever it takes to ensure college success for all children. Moreover, your work would make a profound and lasting contribution to the revitalization of New Orleans.
New Orleans College Prep’s (NOCP) mission is to prepare each of our students to enter and excel in a rigorous four-year college or university. Over the past seven years, NOCP has grown from a single school with a single grade of 100 students, to now operate 3 charter schools spanning grades PK-12, serving over 1,300 students on 3 campuses. NOCP will continue to expand its services to additional campuses throughout New Orleans in the coming years, ultimately growing to 8-10 charters under its management. NOCP is serving its part in a broader city-wide vision to make New Orleans the first 100% high-performing urban school system in our nation’s history.
NOCP is producing significant student achievement gains for our students, 98% of whom are African-American and low-income, traditionally underserved by the New Orleans school system. Recent highlights of our achievements include:
- Cohen College Prep High School’s Class of 2014 achieved a 92% high school graduation rate and a 100% college acceptance rate.
- The Class of 2014 earned the highest average scholarship amount per pupil, and the highest percentage of students scoring 17 or above on the ACT, when compared to all other open enrollment high schools in the city.
- Our most recent takeover of a failing school, Crocker College Prep, achieved the highest growth in the city on the state tests in 2014, growing from the lowest performing elementary school in the city to scoring above the district average after the first year of NOCP management.
More detailed information about our academic performance can be found on our website by visiting www.nolacollegeprep.org and clicking "Our Results."
We are very proud of our school staff, parents, and scholars for these achievements, but we have much more to accomplish in order to realize our mission of 100% of our students prepared for success in a rigorous 4-year college. The Speech Therapist will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and delivering speech therapy services to students in need across our PreK-12 Network.
- Schools achieve their individual annual letter grade goals.
- 70% of students with disabilities served by the speech therapist achieve at least 75% of their IEP goals.
- Achieve an average of 95% compliance on all IEP’s and evaluations
- Achieve an average of 95% compliance on all IEP folder reviews
- Speech Therapy: Provides students with speech therapy that is fully aligned to their IEP and evaluation and monitors progress of students towards speech goals
- Communication: Foster partnerships with families and communicates with families regarding all aspects of students in speech therapy; communicates internally with staff regarding all aspects of speech therapy.
- Compliance: Maintain 100% compliance in all aspects of the job; conduct evaluations as necessary and ensure all data and record keeping regarding speech is in order.